The ITT Exelis DSNVG, Dual Sensor Night Vision Goggle is an optically fused monocular which combines both an image intensified tube and infrared (IR) microbolometer into one compact unit. The DSNVG monocular is approximately the same size as the AN/PVS-14. The DSNVG utilizes a separate battery pack which provides power for both helmet-mounted and hand-held use. The DSNVG can be mounted on the MICH/ACH helmet and will provide: flip-up, tilt, fore/aft adjustment; left/right eye use; and quick disconnect from the helmet.
The DSNVG is in production to provide fusion (via optical overlay) of I² and IR imagery, to provide the user with the following benefits:
1. Greater situational awareness due to improved threat detection under most battleﬁeld environments; compatible with traditional weapon system ranges.
2. Expanded viewing capability from high-light conditions to total darkness (no light) and through battlefield obscurants. Increases capability for urban operations.
3. Improved wearing comfort due to better weight balance resulting in less fatigue.
4. Easy-to-use controls similar to proven AN/PVS-14.
5. Non-exit pupil forming eyepiece allows the soldier to maintain full field of view even as helmet shifts during vigorous physical movements.
- Generation III Pinnacle ITT Tube
- Optically Fused Monocular
- Greater Situational Awareness
- Easy-to-use Controls
- Two Year Warranty
|Resolution||320 x 240|
|Field of View||40º image intensifier
30º - diagonal IR
|Diopter Adjustment||-2 to +2 Diopters|
|Magnification||one power (1X)|
|Power Source||(4) AA Batteries|
|Detection Range - Man Sized Target in Thermal/Fused Mode||300 meters|
All Units Include: DSNVG and AA Batteries (4)